Nothing’s better than a steaming bowl of colorful veggies to settle into the cold of winter. Quick to prepare, ladle into bowl and enjoy with toasted harvest bread or cornbread with butter.
3-4 cups Pumpkin Puree instructions below
8 cups Vegetable Broth Chicken Stock, or Water (divided)
3 tablespoons. Olive Oil
1 medium Onion diced
6-8 cloves Garlic crushed
1 cup Carrots chopped
1 cup Celery diced
2 cups Zucchini diced
2 cups Broccoli chopped
1/2 cup Mushrooms sliced
1 cup Baby Spinach
2 medium Tomatoes diced
Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Combine Pumpkin Puree with 1 cup broth. Puree with an immersion blender or regular blender until very smooth. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and carrots and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add celery, zucchini, broccoli, and mushrooms and continue cooking for 3 or 4 more minutes. Add spinach, tomatoes, and remaining broth and bring to a boil.
- If you’re cooking this by yourself, you may want to chop all the veggies beforehand. If you’re cooking with a friend, she can be chopping while you’re stirring (or vice versa) – so just chop things up in sequence and the timing should work out just fine.
- After the broth comes to a boil, reduce heat so it’s a slow simmer. Add the thinned pumpkin puree and continue cooking. Add the spices and simmer for at least 10 more minutes, until the tomatoes are cooked and have release their juices.
- Ladle into soup bowls, and garnish with freshly toasted pumpkin seeds.