That’s a brazen title but constipation is brazen. Right? It shows up bold and in your face as if saying, “Uh uh, now what you gonna do?” Amidst the cramping, feeling as if there’s still more to go but worried about straining as that could lead to bleeding, or hemorrhoids, you want to punch it in the face. Or pound your belly to help it move along. In yoga, there are many poses designed to move things along in the GI tract. A lot of attention has been placed on this torrid condition that creates angst for so many of us. So here’s more to add on how to get the tubes lubed so constipation has to find another address.
- Six large apples
- 16 oz pure apple juice, no sugar added
- Ten prunes
- Six figs
- Three cinnamon sticks (or 1 teaspoon)
- One teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut up the apples.
- Throw in the other stuff.
- Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for an hour.
- Smooth it all with an immersion blender.
This recipe is enough for you to eat daily for a full week (or more).