Ready to leap from a plant-based foundation in 2017? This recipe is ready to take you on a colorful journey. Prep time is about 20 minutes, for all the chopping, yet it yields enough for a couple of meals. Thumbs up worth it!
- 4 cups Brussels’ sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 red Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced and halved
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 large celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (make your own if Paleo)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, maple syrup and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts, red cabbage, apple, carrot, celery, and walnuts.
- Pour the dressing and toss well until well combined.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.