It’s important to take some time out to appreciate the men in our lives. We love our dads, and we want to help keep them healthy and happy for years to come. Brothers, husbands, in-laws, sons. Guys, please make sure to include these 9 plant-powered foods for optimal men’s health in your diet every day:
- Tomatoes. These red veggies provide a great source of lycopene to help protect again prostate cancer.
- Green Leafy Vegetables. The lutein in foods such as kale, spinach, and collards can help slow age-related vision loss.
Coffee and Green Tea. These plant-based beverages are linked with a lower risk of prostate cancer because of their polyphenols.
- Edamame. Edamame contains plant-based protein and calcium to boost strong bones.
- Nuts. High in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, these little gems are a great way to help keep your heart healthy.
- Flaxseeds. Though they’re tiny, flaxseeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids for anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Oatmeal. Each bowl of oatmeal gives you a punch of beta-glucan, a fiber which helps lower cholesterol.
- Bananas. Get a head start on your potassium intake for healthy blood pressure levels by munching on a banana.
- Avocados. These delicious green beauties are packed with heart healthy fats; folate; vitamins E, C, and B6; potassium, and soluble fiber.