Ok, I totally stole this from Whole Foods. I can’t wait to prep this tonight, toss it all together tomorrow. Thanksgiving dinner foods tend to be carb- and fat-heavy and my palette craves lightness. Add some fiber, flavor and sweet crunch with this winter white deliciousness. Vegan Ranch dressing makes it even better…..
White Winter Salad
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain, unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, sliced paper-thin (use a mandolin if you have one)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and sliced paper-thin
- 1/2 fennel bulb, trimmed, halved, sliced paper-thin
- 1/4 medium jicama, peeled,halved, sliced paper-thin
For dressing, whisk all ingredients together.
For salad, layer the ingredients on one large plate. Lay down the nicest cauliflower florets first. Sprinkle with salt; drizzle with dressing. Leave a 1-inch border of cauliflower around the edge; continue layering the remaining ingredients in the center, using half of each ingredient per layer, sprinkling each layer with salt and drizzling with dressing. Continue until all ingredients are used. Top with final cauliflower layer and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Per serving: 200 calories, 14 g fat, 3 g protein, 19 g carbs, 572 mg sodium.