Vegetarians are healthier than omnivores. It’s true. Research has shown that vegetarians have less heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer and other significant diseases that reduce quality of life. And that meat eaters have higher risk of those diseases.
Even if you don’t aspire to be vegetarian, moving toward a plant-based diet can bring you closer to your most optimal level of health.
Free nutrition talk on May 23rd, 6pm will cover:
- Types of plant-based diets
- Vitamin and mineral needs (vitamins B12, D, C and minerals iron, zinc and calcium)
- Macronutrient needs – protein, fat and carbohydrate
Questions to be answered include:
- How much protein do I need? And where do I get it?
- Do I REALLY need to eat lots of veggies? What if I don’t like them?
- What the heck is a wheat berry? Or quinoa? Is it necessary to a veg lifestyle?
- Aren’t nuts fattening?
- I want to eat my food – will I have to drink smoothies and become a juicer?
- I won’t turn into a hippie, will I?
And more. Bring ’em on! Arrive early to save your seat!
Location: Center for Integrative Healing, 23 Main St., Watertown Square, Watertown MA. Ample parking behind the building.