Professional Consultation for IFS Therapists, Dietitians and Practitioners
My passion and commitment to Internal Family SystemsSM, an evidence-based and integrative communication model with spiritual complements, is strong and continues to inform my nutrition counseling private practice. Many registered dietitians and therapists have dedicated themselves to guide and liberate clients from the debilitating effects of diet culture, weight stigma and bias, dysfunctional eating, and body image concerns. My deep heartfelt intention is to educate, counsel, and expose these practitioners to IFS for the expansive and healing qualities their clients will experience.
The IFS practitioner guides clients to develop techniques and strategies to:
- Identify, focus on and address origins of internal conflict,
- Manage any obstacles toward change,
- And achieve well-being through deep internal awareness and repair.
The IFS model offers a clear, non-pathologizing, and empowering method of understanding human problems, as well as an innovative and enriching philosophy of practice that invites both the therapist and dietitian/nutrition therapist and client to enter into a transformational relationship in which healing can occur.
Consultation with a skilled IFS mentor is a relational process intended to:
- Foster and inspire personal, ethical, and professional expertise,
- Provide support through cultivating confidence and skill in the model,
- Focus on and ensure optimal care and outcomes for your clients, and
- Coordinate client care more effectively with treatment teams.
Diana Dugan Richards offers confidential individual and small group consultation for those seeking to develop a fuller understanding of the IFS model. In consultation, practitioners develop compassion, clarity and confidence as well as more skillful clinical expertise to address client concerns. Together, we’ll explore cases and emotional experiences of both client and practitioner in a secure and confidential environment.
Please Contact Me for more information, rates, and scheduling.