Professional Consultation for IFS Therapists, Dietitians and Practitioners
My passion and commitment to Internal Family SystemsSM, an evidence-based and integrative communication model with spiritual complements, is strong and continues to inform my nutrition counseling private practice. Many registered dietitians and therapists have dedicated themselves to guide and liberate clients from the debilitating effects of diet culture, weight stigma and bias, dysfunctional eating, and body image concerns. My deep heartfelt intention is to educate, counsel, and expose these practitioners to IFS for the expansive and healing qualities their clients will experience.
The IFS practitioner guides clients to develop techniques and strategies to:
- Identify, focus on and address origins of internal conflict,
- Manage any obstacles toward change,
- And achieve well-being through deep internal awareness and repair.
The IFS model offers a clear, non-pathologizing, and empowering method of understanding human problems, as well as an innovative and enriching philosophy of practice that invites both the therapist and dietitian/nutrition therapist and client to enter into a transformational relationship in which healing can occur.
Consultation with a skilled IFS mentor is a relational process intended to:
- Foster and inspire personal, ethical, and professional expertise.
- Provide support and validation by cultivating confidence and skill in the model.
- Connect to Self-energy—unblending from parts blocking your presence and leadership.
- Focus on and ensure optimal care and outcomes for your clients.
- Coordinate client care more effectively with treatment teams.
Diana Dugan Richards is a Level 3 Certified IFS practitioner with over a decade of experience using IFS with clients and groups. She has staffed a dozen Level 1 and Level 2 IFS Trainings as well as several IFS retreats with Dick Schwartz at Kripalu in western Massachusetts. She has completed both the Basic and Advanced IFIO courses (Intimacy From the Inside Out, IFS for couples work), and co-created with Jeanne Catanzaro a 4-month online continuity course for IFS titled “Using IFS to Heal Our Relationships with Food and Body.” She offers confidential individual and small group consultation for IFS colleagues seeking a supportive space for connection, validation for clinical challenges, and improved IFS fluency and competence.
Current consultation group for Nutrition Professionals meets monthly on Friday, 2:30-3:45p Eastern Time.
Individual consultation scheduled per request.
Please Contact Me for more information, rates, joining a group, or scheduling.