Introduction to Internal Family Systems (IFS) for Nutrition Professionals
January 15, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$215.00
- Diana Dugan Richards, RDN, LDN
- Molly Kellogg, LCSW, CEDRD
Fee: $215 USD
CEUs: 6 for RDs
Internal Family Systems (IFS) is an evidence-based therapeutic technique, conceptual framework and practice used by a wide range of professionals. It is particularly effective in treating trauma. Integrating the IFS model within counseling guides the client to 1) identify the self-protective function of polarized cognitions expressed through eating and resultant eating disorder behaviors; 2) identify and address the cognitive, emotional and physical triggers driving this internal dialogue particularly the anticipation of loss of control, negative self-evaluations, and self-blaming, self-shaming thoughts; 3) identify the ambivalence behind nutritious vs. inappropriate eating patterns, and 4) identify fears and other feelings that arise in response to shifting to more nourishing choices. There is more information about IFS at https://ifs-institute.com/
This interactive workshop is designed to give dietitians a comprehensive introduction to the IFS model. The concepts and processes of IFS will be examined from a dietitian’s perspective using a mix of presentation, small and large group discussion, demonstration, short videos and practice.
- Discover the basic concepts of the Internal Family Systems (IFS) Model.
- Examine how the IFS model approaches the treatment of eating disorders and disordered eating.
- Integrate the IFS model concepts with clients with disordered eating.
- Differentiate the role of the Dietitian in an IFS treatment team.
- Evaluate the issues that arise for dietitians who adopt the IFS model.
Suggested pre-workshop reading: Introduction to the Internal Family Systems Model, by Richard C. Schwartz. https://ifs-institute.com/store We highly recommend reading this prior to the workshop if you have had little or no exposure to IFS.
Register at https://mollykellogg.com/professionals/ifs.
- January 15, 2021
9:00 am - 4:30 pm