Diets distracting you and dictating your life? Tired of trying every new diet that hits Amazon?
Most of us get nutrition information from the Internet, right? We are barraged with the latest and greatest diets, tips for weight loss and how to have a healthy heart.
It’s confusing! That’s why I ask ‘At the end of the day, how do you want to feel?’ What are your goals for energy, stamina, weight, and self-esteem? Start there. Know those answers and get excited to know what to do with them.
Start new traditions this fall to beat holiday weight gain. Integrate special treats into your healthy diet. Recalibrate and recharge your relationship with food and enjoy Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year’s Day without guilt or remorse!
This intensive 5-week program is aimed to jump start weight loss and improve wellness. This is NOT a quick fix. It’s a simple and easy-to-do program to guide you toward a whole foods system that supports long-term healthy weight. Nutrient-dense whole foods reduce cravings for sweets and carb-rich binges and set the tone for energy and vitality.
Begin the process NOW of creating health in your body with whole, real, and seasonal foods. Eliminate foods that cause inflammation that slows you down and leads to weight gain and heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes, foods like caffeine, dairy, sugar, refined carbohydrates, alcohol, and processed, pre-packaged and pre-cooked foods.
Clear your functional living and work spaces to provide a sanctity of wholesome eating. Learn what to do with feelings you’re left with when you don’t feed them to cover them up. Show up and start moving your body every day.
Start with a 5-day accelerated nutrition rejuvenation that let’s you get the junk out then move toward whole foods for a lifetime of a healthy weight and wellness.
Healthy Eating, Positively Healing
(5-week holistic nutrition program)
23 Main St. (Center for Integrative Healing), Watertown Square, Watertown MA (ample free parking)
Tuesdays, Oct 1 – Oct 29, 2013
Register early to save your seat!
- Fatigue and general lethargy
- Muscle aches and joint pain
- Sleep troubles
This integrative program includes resources like:
- Jump start weight loss with an easy-to-follow, guided Ayurveda fall rejuvenation with real foods for 5 days. Weight loss is a by-product of clean and green eating.
- Instructions on creating a functional whole foods kitchen
- Mindful eating assessment
- Nutritionally complete mindful eating menu ideas
- Identify emotional eating triggers
Program cost: $250
(includes 30-minute individual phone consult – a $65 value)
Cancellations will be awarded refunds, less a $25 administration fee, if they are outside of one week of the series. Any cancellations within one week of the series will not be refunded. Thank you for honoring this policy.
March 22nd: Yoga for Mindful Eating
Networking with a Purpose with Diana Cullum-Dugan
Spring Event: Friday March 22nd 1-2pm at MEDA
92 Pearl Street, Newton MA
Sponsored by The Renfrew Center
This workshop will combine portions of didactic learning and participatory demonstrated yoga and meditation practice.
For more info and to RSVP (by March 18th), email Lindsay.
Lunch will be served following the demonstrations!
May 21, 2012: Veg 101 – Moving Toward a Plant-based Diet
No converting to vegetarianism here – just the plain facts about the health benefits of eating more plants (like less heart disease, stroke, diabetes and cancer for one).
- How much protein should I eat? What is vegetarian protein?
- Do I REALLY need to eat lots of veggies? I hate them!
- Aren’t nuts fattening? Why would I eat them – I’m on a diet?
- I love meat! Now what?
- The truth about fat, protein and carbohydrates in a plant-based world
June 18, 2012: Beat the Belly Fat
Ladies? Tired of pudginess, the pooch and muffin tops? Discover the myriad of reasons we get this annoyance, especially around peri-menopause. Gentlemen? You wear the same pant size you did in college but your jacket doesn’t button. What’s up with that Battle of the Bulge?
- How’d you get there – yeah, you, belly fat?
- Why should I whittle away at this mound of extra me?
- How can I lower my intake without feeling deprived.
October 22, 2012: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know but Were Afraid to Ask
Are you waiting to hear ‘ally ally in come free’ so you can come out of hiding and embrace the healthiest you possible? Yes? Yet something keeps holding you back in the shadows of comfort food – bread and butter, pasta and cheese, Snickerdoodles, lots of coffee with cream and sugar and oh no, don’t forget chocolate covered anything. There’s definitely a place at the table for foods like that and you’ll enjoy them all the more as treats instead of everyday occurrences at meal time. Bring your questions – we’ll have the answers ready for you.
- Super foods – hype or truth?
- Gluten free – what’s the buzz in wheat free?
- Carbs – friend or foe?
- Paleo diet vs vegan diet
- Foods to fuel fitness
- Options for fast food
- Healthy fats – are there any?
- Portion distortion
- Benefits of coffee – really?
- Nutrition supplements
- Quick meals for on-the-go folks
- Organic or conventional – is there a difference?
January 21, 2013: FODMAPs – I’m free at last from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)!
Australian researchers are hard at work testing hundreds of foods that trigger symptoms of IBS.
- 10-20% of women suffer from IBS – a FODMAP diet improves IBS symptoms in 75% of sufferers
- FODMAPs are foods that give you gas, bloating, intestinal pain, fatigue, and depression – what are they?
- Elimination and challenge phase