Since 2007, I’ve been offering private nutrition counseling and yoga consulting to people just like you. Through a holistic individualized approach, I guide you toward your optimal health and wellness by removing the fear and confusion. My private practice follows on the heels of over 8 years experience at Boston Medical Center as the clinic manager of the Nutrition and Weight Management Center. There, I coordinated multiple clinical obesity nutrition trials and treated hundreds of patients for:
- weight management
- digestive health
- disordered eating & compulsive over eating
- heart disease
- vegetarian and other specialty diets
A highlight at the same institution was as co-investigator for a ‘Yoga for Low Back Pain’ study, as developer of the yoga protocol, teaching sequence, and an audio CD and detailed visual guide for participants to use at home, and leading 12 weeks of classes to an underserved population in Boston. Since 2002 I have been an integral part of a superb team developing and sustaining a web-based nutrition/exercise intervention program (www.DASHforHealth.com), which is offered as a retail site and to employers as a corporate wellness program.
For over seven years, I volunteered on a fabulous committee – the Vegetarian Nutrition Evidence Analysis Library (EAL) for the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association), a website that offers assistance to dietitians with questions about vegetarian clients. The finale for the EAL project was co-authoring a Vegetarian Nutrition Toolkit for other dietitians to use with their own vegetarian clients – to be available August 2013! Following was a 2-year stint as Secretary with the Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group.
Prior to BMC, I developed corporate wellness packages for health insurance companies and self-insured corporations.
My current practice integrates intense training in the Internal Family Systems counseling method, motivational interviewing, yoga, and enhancing my own exercise program and creative cooking. Professional affiliations include the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the Massachusetts Dietetics Association, and professional membership with the Multi-Service Eating Disorder Association (MEDA). Personally, I’m grateful to be the nutritionist for The Overnight Diet published April 2013 – enjoy a month of menus, lip smacking recipes for meals and smoothies.
- Vegetarian Nutrition Toolkit (Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics, Veg Nutrition Evidence Analysis Library)
- Integrative Medicine textbook, obesity chapter
- Clinical Guidebook on Overweight and Obesity, dietary therapy chapter
- Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism ad hoc reviewer
- Secretary, ADA Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- ADA reviewer for the Weight Management DPG newsletter
- ADA’s Evidence Analysis Library Vegetarian Workgroup
- Obesity Research poster
- MA Dept. of Public Health’s Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety Expert Panel Executive Report for weight loss surgery.
Topics include nutrition assessment, weight management, motivational interviewing, fad diets, and physical activity:
- Harvard Medical School Obesity courses
- New England CORE (Centers for Obesity Research and Education)
- MA Dept. of Mental Retardation
- Merck Pharmaceutical (Germany)
- American Dietetic Association (ADA) Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management Certification programs
- Boston University’s Sargent College
- Boston University School of Medicine and BU Occupational Health
- EMC2 Corporation
- Prince, Lobel, Glovksy and Tye LLP
- Northeastern University
- Team Envision (women’s triathlon group)